Yet another random survey is circulating on Facebook (yeah, I love 'em as time-wasters just like everyone else), so here are my oh-so-riveting answers for everything "ology."
What is your salad dressing of choice? - It depends, but I really like balsamic vinaigrette.
What is your favorite sit-down restaurant? - Ooooh..Food...ummm..probably Olive Garden or Red Lobster, although The Cheesecake Factory is moving up the ladder!
What food could you eat everyday for two weeks and not get sick of? - Special K Cereal, Wheat Thins w/Laughing Cow Cheese, Subway, or baby corn (but not all together)...because I've done it before...well not the baby corn, but I love that stuff!
What are your pizza toppings of choice? - Pineapple (yum), I also like onions, and tomatoes...yum!!
Chocolate or Vanilla? - Definitely chocolate
* TECHNOLOGY *
How many televisions are in your house? - Six
Do you have a laptop? - Yes, but it's kind of sketchy sometimes!
How about a desktop? - Oh yes, it's so much better!
How many cell phones do you own? - Does anyone really need more than one?
Are you right handed or left handed? - Righty
Have you ever had anything removed from your body? - Just my wisdom teeth
What is the last heavy item you lifted? - The 32 individual boxes that weighed 40 lbs each...occupational hazard with the newsletters!
Have you ever been knocked unconscious? - Only when I got my wisdom teeth removed!
If it were possible, would you want to know the day you were going to die? - Absolutely not!
If you could change your name, what would you change it to? - I wouldn't want to, I like my name!
Would you drink an entire bottle of hot sauce for $1000? - It would depend on the duration of time that the entire bottle had to be consumed!
How many pairs of flip flops do you own? - I'm not sure, I can only think of 2 that I really wear.
Last time you had a run-in with the cops? - Well, there was that one time...nah just kidding, it's been a couple years since my last speeding ticket!
Last person you talked to? - My mom.
Season? - Spring or Fall
Holiday? - Christmas—yes, completely unoriginal, but true
Day of the week? - Saturday
Month? - Either April for my birthday or December for Christmas, it's a toss-up!
Missing anyone? - Always
Mood? - Oh, I'm living the dream!
What are you listening to? - The music in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Watching? - See "What Are You Listening to?"
First place you went this morning? - Gas station
What's the last movie you saw? - In the theatre - "17 Again" , at home - "Just Like Heaven" (excluding the current background noise of HPOP)
Do you smile? - Depends on who I'm talking to ;-)
Do you always answer your phone? - Yes, unless I don't want to talk to you.
You get a text message at 4 a.m. Who is it? - No one is crazy enough to text me in the middle of my REM cycle!
If you could change your eye color what would it be? - I like mine, but I'd probably put more blue in the green.
What flavor do you add to your drink at Sonic? - I don't really go to a Sonic!
Do you own a digital camera? - Yes! Love it.
Have you ever had a pet fish? - Yes, I have—R.I.P. all of you!
What's on your wish list for your birthday? - Lose weight!
Can you do pushups? - No!
Can you do a chin up? - Better than a push-up!
Does the future make you nervous or excited? - Both!
Do you have any saved texts? - Yes, I love my friends!
Ever been in a car wreck? - No, thank God!
Do you have an accent? - Lately I have actually had a lot of comments made to me about my WV accent.
Plans tonight? - American Idol - Wa-hoo!
Have you ever been given roses? - Not roses.
Current hate right now? - "Don't hate, you don't wanna put that out there".....
Met someone who changed your life? - A couple people
Would you go back in time if you were given the chance? - Yes, I probably would.
Have you ever dated someone longer than a year? - That would be a no.
Do you have any tattoos/ piercings? - Ear piercing and a tattoo on my back.
Does anyone love you? - Yes :-)
What songs do you sing in the shower? - depends on what's stuck in my head in the morning...right now I got "Freebird" stuck in my head.
Do you like to cuddle? - I've been told so!
Have you held hands with anyone today? - Nope.
Who was the last person you took a picture of? - My nephew at Easter!
What kind of music did you listen to in elementary school? - whatever my family listened to.
Are most of the friends in your life new or old? - a healthy mix
Do you like pulpy orange juice? - Not at all!
Have you ever ridden an elephant? - Nope, can't say that I have.
Do you like to play Scrabble? - I love Scrabble
If you could have any superpower, what would it be? - Ya know I'd kind of like to read people's minds...but then again, that could be more scarier than fun!
When is the last time you ate peanut butter and jelly? - a long time!
What were you doing at midnight last night? - sleeping, remember...you don't mess with the REM cycle!
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Okay, so I was recently watching one of the below mentioned films and realized how wonderful the actor is at portraying the character - so, I compiled a list of the Top 10 "Best Acted Characters" within my personal Movie Collection.
10. Sandra Bullock as Lucy Moderatz in While You Were Sleeping
9. Colin Firth as Jamie Bennett in Love Actually
8. Joaquin Phoenix as Johnny Cash in Walk the Line
6. Tom Hanks as Forrest Gump in Forrest Gump
5. James McAvoy as Tom Lefroy in Becoming Jane
4. Jim Caviezel as Edmond Dantes in The Count of Monte Cristo
3. Matthew McConaughey as Jake Brigance in A Time to Kill
2. Ben Foster as Charlie Prince in 3:10 to Yuma
1. Heath Ledger as The Joker in The Dark Knight
So there ya go people...some of the greatest..in my personal opinion.
Let me know what you think the best are? Any of these? Or others?
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
I decided to do a Top 10 List! I like lists...they're fun!
Anyways, after watching American Idol I got the inspiration to do a Top 10 List for the Year I was born: 1984! Basically, just interesting fun-facts from an amazing year! :-)
1. January 24 - The Macintosh is introduced! Thank you Jef Raskin!
2. February 3 - The first live birth from an embryo transfer is announced.
3. April 6 - Terms of Endearment wins Best Picture at the 56th Academy Awards.
4. May 8 - The longest game in Major League Baseball begins between the Milwaukee Brewers and Chicago White Sox. (The game is played over 2 days - lasting 22 innings - a total time of 8 hrs. and 6 min.)
5. July 18 - Beverly Lynn Burns becomes the first woman Boeing 747 captain in the world.
6. July 23 - Vanessa Lynn Williams becomes the first Miss America to resign when she surrenders her crown, after nude photos of her appear in "Penthouse" magazine.
7. August 11 - Then-President Ronald Reagan, during a voice check for a radio broadcast remarks, "My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes".
8. November 6 - U.S. presidential election, 1984: Ronald Reagan defeats Walter F. Mondale with 59% of the popular vote, the highest since Richard Nixon's 61% victory in 1972. Reagan carries 49 states in the electoral college; Mondale wins only his home state of Minnesota by a mere 3,761 vote margin and the District of Columbia.
9. December 22 - Four African-American youths (Barry Allen, Troy Canty, James Ramseur, and Darrell Cabey) board an express train in The Bronx borough of New York City. They attempt to rob Bernhard Goetz, who shoots them. The event starts a national debate about urban crime, which is a plague in 1980s America.
10. Undated - Crack, a smokeable form of cocaine, is first introduced into the Los Angeles area and soon spreads across the United States in what becomes known as the Crack Epidemic.
(*all facts were found using wikipedia.org - 1984*)
Now it's your turn - do the same thing on your blog or in the comments section!